"AI is Coming to Town" A Perspective from London... Ontario

 

Test Pilots Extraordinaire (L-R) Loshe, Lutz, Smith, Tougas, Flynn

I was invited to speak at the International Test Pilot School Seminar in London, Ontario, Canada.  I had some trepidation that this was going to be a bitterly cold experience.  But it was not in all senses of the word.  as the weather was downright balmy for December and the people were warm and friendly.  The title of my talk was "The Future Flight Test Professional" What a GREAT experience.  The attendees were a mix of old distinguished colleagues whom I have known for years and newly graduating test pilots and flight test engineers from all over the world.  To be a part of this illustrious cadre, is in some ways proof, that if one stays in the game long enough, you too can gain a place at the proverbial table.  But I wanted to do more than just catch up.  I tried to make it a call to arms to ramp up SFTE's professional evolution to meet the growing technological changes that are moving at high speed in order to ensure relevance.  This includes embracing, Model Based System Engineering, AI and Virtual Reality for training and risk mitigation It was well received, albeit I suspect with a "let's wait and see" mindset.  I am curious if my predictions for the next 10 years will be realized.  If so it will be a very different world we live in... if we live in it!  More of my thoughts regarding the ITPS seminar here.  
SFTE President Jen Uchida

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunrise Sunset - Marriage in Lynchburg, Virginia

Glaciers and Yoga- Bettmeralp Round 2

Mendocino Coast, Accordians & Ecclesiastes